Team Teach Objectives:
- To develop shared values which promote the attitude, skill and knowledge needed to implement Team Teach in the workplace.
- To develop positive handling skills in the behaviour management including verbal and non-verbal communication, diversion and de-escalation and safe effective, humane physical interventions.
- To develop skills in positive listening and learning.
Team Teach practice and protocols:
- Best interests of the service user
- Minimal force for the shortest time
- Prevent injury, pain and distress
- Maintain dignity
- Reasonable and proportionate
- Action should be necessary
- Plans to reduce the use of restraint and restriction
Core value statements:
- Safeguarding people and services
- More self-restraint than physical restraint
- Positive behaviour support approaches with an emphasis on de-escalation
- 95% restraint and risk reduction
- Challenging behaviour is often the result of breakdown in communication
Click on the link below to discover more about Team Teach strategies and techniques adopted by the School and Residence