THE AIMS OF ST. ANNE’S SCHOOL AND SIXTH FORM COLLEGE
- To be a listening school and to ensure pupils feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened too.
- To promote an ‘open door’ policy across the 24 hour setting (School and Residence), for parents, carers and children.
- To include in the curriculum, activities and opportunities which equip pupils to communicate their needs and skills to stay safe from harm.
- To establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
- To enable pupils to communicate and interact with others.
- Enable pupils to express preferences, communicate needs, make choices, make decisions and choose options other people act on and respect.
- Prepare pupils for adult life in which they have the greatest degree of autonomy.
- Increase pupil’s awareness and understanding of their environment and of the world.
- Encourage pupils to explore, to question and to challenge.
- Provide a wide range of learning experiences for each pupil in each key stage suitable for their age.
CLASS 3........ various activities - Australia Day - Aboriginal artwork and messy play with sand for sensory pupils, Science - work with parachutes and different sized balls (gravity), Spring Sensory exploration - kale, split peas and daisies, Maths - exploring numicon, matching to overlays colour shape and size, Fine motor practise - threading and placing pegs onto card.
CLASS 5.........various activities
Upper School Day Out - June 2017: Xscape, Castleford
Upper 4's Graffiti pictures from their Expressive Arts course.