What is Student Council?
Our School Council is a student body who look to areas of the school that need developing or ideas that we want to take forward. The council meet twice every half term and recent projects have focussed on raising money, both for charities and in-house projects.
Our aim is to improve and develop our school, making sure that each child has a voice, and their opinions and suggestions are heard.
The councillors are elected by the peers in their class each September. This academic year, our councillors are doing a fantastic job and are currently working on lots of ideas including, fundraising for new lunchtime equipment. Our biggest project this year is to hold a school talent show, ‘St Anne’s Got Talent,’ to raise money for RSPCA.
Student Council Responsibilities
The responsibilities of council members are as follows:
- To listen to the ideas of classmates and fellow pupils
- To share these ideas during school council meetings
- To report back to classes following school council meetings
- To set a good example and act as a role model to others
Student council members can be identified by their blue badge, shown above, which they wear at all times.
Covid-19 School Council Delivery
- School Council will still be taking place but with some small changes during Covid-19
- Rather than meeting as a full council the reps in each bubble will meet with a designated staff member
- An agenda is sent to each bubble ready for the meeting each half-term
- Minutes and meeting overviews are then sent to our Council Leader – Jess - to collate and share with all classes across the school
- At times we may meet over Microsoft Teams as a full council
- We are ensuring all pupils have a voice and that it is still being heard over this period
School Council Rep Election – September 2020
Across the school students have been taking part in voting for their new school council rep!
March 2021 news.….
School council have created a Mindfulness Challenge to help combat the struggles we may be dealing with due to the current Covid-19 lockdown. We hope you have fun taking part and please tweet us any pictures of you joining in with the hash tag #mindfulmarchchallenge to @StAnnesSSFC.
February 2021 news.....
January 2021 news....
December 2020 news....
St Anne’s Got Talent- February 2020
The council are planning to hold ‘St Anne’s Got Talent’ to raise money for RSPCA. Dust off your dance shoes, warm up your voices and get practising your jokes!! More information to follow.
Special Stars Foundation- February 2020
Last year’s Student Council chose to raise money for Special Stars Foundation by doing a bake sale which raised £109.12. We were very excited to hand over the cheque to Jess from Special Stars and we received a lovely thank you letter and certificate.
Vote for Lunchtime Equipment- February 2020
The council decided on 4 options that we could spend our Lunchtime Equipment money on and then put this out as a vote to the rest of the school.
Each class received a ballot and when totalled, the choice was colouring equipment for a lunchtime colouring club!
Christmas Jumper Sale- December 2019
Students in the council had Christmas Jumper Sale to raise funds for new lunchtime equipment. The council raised a total of £35. Thank you to everyone who donated jumpers and everyone who came along to the sale.