School and Sixth Form
School hours for pupils 9.15 a.m. – 3.15 pm Monday - Friday
The Residence is open 24 hours a day, 48 weeks of the year.
THE AIMS OF ST. ANNE’S SCHOOL AND SIXTH FORM COLLEGE
- To be a listening school and to ensure pupils feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened too.
- To promote an ‘open door’ policy across the 24 hour setting (School and Residence), for parents, carers and children.
- To include in the curriculum, activities and opportunities which equip pupils to communicate their needs and skills to stay safe from harm.
- To establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
- To enable pupils to communicate and interact with others.
- Enable pupils to express preferences, communicate needs, make choices, make decisions and choose options other people act on and respect.
- Prepare pupils for adult life in which they have the greatest degree of autonomy.
- Increase pupil’s awareness and understanding of their environment and of the world.
- Encourage pupils to explore, to question and to challenge.
- Provide a wide range of learning experiences for each pupil in each key stage suitable for their age.