COVID19 update: Recovery and Return Plan
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, some of the information within the policies may not be relevant. Please refer to the Recovery and Return Plan
Team Teach Objectives:
- To develop shared values which promote the attitude, skill and knowledge needed to implement Team Teach in the workplace.
- To develop positive handling skills in the behaviour management including verbal and non-verbal communication, diversion and de-escalation and safe effective, humane physical interventions.
- To develop skills in positive listening and learning.
Team Teach practice and protocols:
- Best interests of the service user
- Minimal force for the shortest time
- Prevent injury, pain and distress
- Maintain dignity
- Reasonable and proportionate
- Action should be necessary
- Plans to reduce the use of restraint and restriction
Core value statements:
- Safeguarding people and services
- More self-restraint than physical restraint
- Positive behaviour support approaches with an emphasis on de-escalation
- 95% restraint and risk reduction
- Challenging behaviour is often the result of breakdown in communication
Click on the link below to discover more about Team Teach strategies and techniques adopted by the School and Residence
EQUALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION
New report from @EHRC recommends new national standards should be put in place to protect children’s rights, requiring restraint in English and Welsh schools to be monitored, recorded and analysed with the same rigour as exclusions.
Read more➡️ https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/inquiries-and-investigations/inquiry-how-schools-are-monitoring-use-restraint